This is the place where you will find all the newest pictures and videos of The Veggie Family. Get ready to laugh, smile, and sigh a few awwwws...because this family is pretty darn cute! :)

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Josie's EEG

Josie had her EEG on Wednesday and it went well. They wanted her to sleep during it so we scheduled it at her nap time and I woke her up early that day just to make sure she would be tired. She did not like the "hooking up" part one bit but all her fighting completely wore her out and made her fall asleep almost instantly as soon as the lights were out. Then I just sat and held her for about 40 minutes. It was actually really nice...it's not that often that I have nothing else to do but to just hold Josie for that long.

I called on Thursday to see if we had any results yet and the nurse said that the doctor was looking at it and so far everything looked normal. She called back on Friday to answer some other questions I had but said that the results had not been recorded in the file yet but that she "was pretty sure they were normal." I was waiting to post until we knew for sure but now that won't be until Monday. But we are pretty sure they are normal. Thank goodness!

As of now, we are not going to be doing anymore testing unless Josie shows us otherwise that we need to. There is blood work that the neurologist would still like to be done but we are having a really hard time getting it. Josie has now been stuck 6 times (9 if you count the ER visit) and they have only gotten enough blood to fill 1 vial. There is eleven that need to be (partially) filled in order to test for everything the neurologist would like her to be tested for. Eleven! One of the phlebotomist at Riley said she has 27 years of experience and that Josie's veins are just very, very difficult. We are going to Riley where they only draw blood from children so I trust what she is saying. Of course it is traumatic for Josie during all these attempts. She screams and fights and it takes three of us to hold her still enough to even try. I made it through the first three tries (the day of MRI) but during the next three (after her EEG) I broke and was crying right along with Josie. It is so hard to put her through that when there is likely nothing even wrong with her in the first place. That's why we have decided to wait and see if we really do need to keep trying for those labs. She goes back to visit the neurologist in 4 months so I don't plan on doing anything else with her until at least then. (The neurologist agrees that we can wait as long as we are not seeing any other symptoms with Josie.)

For now, I am believing that she is just the same happy, healthy girl that she's always been, with the same large (but healthy) head that we've always loved, and the seizures were just "one of those things" that may never be explained but we will never see again.

Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers and I will be sure to update if anything changes with Josie.

Our healthy, HAPPY Josie!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Paige, I just read about all Josie's been through. I'm so sorry. Take comfort that those Docs at Riley are THE BEST. Chris is a Riley baby, has had plenty of work done there, 2 MRIs and 4 surgeries, amongst other things, and look at him, you can't even tell there's anything wrong. If they're not super-worried, then you can kick your worry down a notch. (I know I can't say Don't worry, because it's your job) I know how just how hard it is to put your baby through the procedures, but at least they won't remember it.

I'm praying for you all too.