Josie will be having a MRI and MRA, with and without contrast, of her head and neck on Monday morning. She was referred back to her neurologist after a routine doctors appointment because her head size had increased, again, not just in size but in percentile on the chart. She also has some very prominent veins showing on one side of her face and neck that could indicate some kind of pressure building up in her head. One of the things they will be looking for on Monday is hydrocephalus (fluid on the brain). I'm a little nervous about the procedure because this is the first time she will have to go under general anesthesia and, also, the first time she will have contrast die put in her. The good thing about the anesthesia, though, is that they agreed to take her labs while she is out. After eight months of not being able to get any, we hopefully will finally get all the blood work we need to rule out a whole lot of things!
Please keep Josie in your thoughts and prayers on Monday!
(On a side note, Josie is still as much of a genius as ever... I have some videos I will work on compiling in another post of her telling her letters, numbers, shapes, colors, and some really cute singing ones. She is definitely not being delayed by whatever is causing her increasing head size!)
This is the place where you will find all the newest pictures and videos of The Veggie Family. Get ready to laugh, smile, and sigh a few awwwws...because this family is pretty darn cute! :)
Friday, July 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Oh my goodness. I will definitely, definitely be praying on Monday. Please keep us updated as you can.
AJ is picking up letters and numbers and colors, too! WAY earlier than Dacey did. (Well, I mean obviously what with D's speech delay and all.)
I LOVE the header drawing. Ellie's handwriting is AMAZING. We haven't worked on that at all.
Oh, also, I have a blogging friend whose son has hydrocephalus. I would be happy to put you in touch with her if down the road you need someone to connect with. Just let me know.
Post a Comment