This is the place where you will find all the newest pictures and videos of The Veggie Family. Get ready to laugh, smile, and sigh a few awwwws...because this family is pretty darn cute! :)

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Josie

I have a lot to share about Christmas and Ellie's birthday (can you believe she's four?!) so those posts will be here soon.


For now I just wanted to let everyone know what is going on with Josie. She had a couple of little seizures (called absence seizures) and so, per her doctors instructions, I took her to the emergency room on Friday. We were there about 7 hours and she had a CT scan and blood work done. Everything came back normal so we really don't know what caused the seizures yet. (She has not been sick and did not have a fever.) We follow up with a pediatric neurologist tomorrow who will schedule and EEG and MRI. She has not had any other episodes that we have seen and so I pray that all the tests come back normal and that those were all she will ever have. Please keep her in your thoughts in prayers!

A few things about the emergency room visit:

Each time we had to hold a hysterical Josie down to draw blood (three times), as soon as we let go, she said through her tears a really loud "thank youuuu!" A nurse told her she was breaking her heart she was so sweet...

I actually have the second seizure on video on my camera because I was recording Josie rocking on her horse when it happened. The doctor thought it was very helpful so something good came out of me constantly having my camera in hand!

When a lady came into the exam room to ask me my birth date, I told her it was "today" and the doctor said "Mine too!" I told her I was sorry she had to work on her birthday and she told me she was sorry I was spending my birthday in the ER.

Peyton Manning Children's Hospital is wonderful. As much as any trip to the ER stinks, the staff, nurses and doctor were all so great with Josie and made it as painless as possible. I am so thankful to have such an incredible hospital nearby.


I will share any updates here as we get them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
Josie is in our prays.
Give me a call if you need anything.

Corie

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Oh mama! This is so upsetting to me. I am so sorry. I am just in tears imagining you guys in the ER (on your birthday! UGH! Happy belated birthday) and trying to figure out what was going on.

Crystal said...

That is a great hospital! They've changed it from St. Vincent Children's hospital to Peyton Manning, but that's where Leon was admitted for a weekend. I absolutely LOVED it and if we ever have to go back, that's where we would take the boys. Noah, on the other hand, depending on what it was for, would go to Riley for most of his stuff. We really have some great children's hospitals here to be thankful for. I hope she passes her tests, and I'll keep you updated on Noah's tests. Just more of a reason for me to want to go back to school!