This is the place where you will find all the newest pictures and videos of The Veggie Family. Get ready to laugh, smile, and sigh a few awwwws...because this family is pretty darn cute! :)

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

MRI

Josie did pretty well with the MRI today. The worst part was the waiting, once we got there, because she was so hungry. She couldn't eat or drink anything because she was being sedated so that was really hard for her. Especially since they were behind schedule and we didn't get in until 10:00 am (we arrived at 7:30).

They were able to do an oral sedation instead of an IV so I was really happy about that. She fell asleep within minutes but started fighting again as soon as they laid her on the MRI table. The nurses and technicians were so patient and just stood there beside her, in the dark, shushing and patting her until she was still again. Finally, they ended up giving her another dose of the sedative and then she was out. The actual MRI took only 30 minutes and Josie did not stir once. It was amazing because it was very, very loud. (Josie and I both had to wear ear plugs.)

Once back in the room, the nurses and I spent the next 3 1/2 hours trying to periodically wake her up. Finally, she opened her eyes long enough for them to let me leave with her but even now she is still very groggy and unsteady moving around.

But it's over with. Thank goodness! Riley Hospital is yet another great children's hospital that I feel so blessed to have so close. It is amazing that we were able to get her in so quickly, just six days after her first seizure!

Josie is still acting like a completely healthy little girl so that's what I'm expecting the results to show too. They will be in next week!

Thank you everyone for your prayers. :)

2 comments:

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

oh good! I am so happy to hear all went well!!! Please do keep us updated. Enjoy New Years Day with your gorgeous girls. :)

Crystal said...

I'm glad it went well! I figured they would do the oral sedation and not the iv since she's older than Noah was. He already had the iv in so it was easily accessible, but he also couldn't have an oral one then either. I hope you had a good new year too! Riley is a really good hospital, although very depressing when you see some of the kids. I'm just glad Noah doesn't have worse problems than he does. He will get better I know he will. I'll keep checking in to see what the results are!